Southend is becoming a congested town where there are serious concerns about air quality is some parts of the borough. We want to see a cleaner and greener town. In administration Labour increased investment in green technology. We can do more to improve the quality of our environment. Promoting the use of green technology such as electric cars, renewable energy sources, encouraging better home insulation, reducing the use of plastic bottles, are all practical steps that we can take that will be good for the environment and the economy.
- Investigate options for a proper park and ride scheme in the borough, and look for ways to improve local public transport.
- Support and encourage investment in green technologies, renewable energy and energy saving measures.
- Promote healthy sustainable living, ensuring that all dietary needs and preferences are catered for in council facilities.
- Increase the provision of allotments, community gardens and support a city farm initiative.
- Ensure our parks are protected, and plant more trees for a greener borough.