Cllr Ian Gilbert, Victoria Ward
132 Central Avenue
Phone: 01702 212878
- Member of the Council (Since May 2008)
- Place Scrutiny Committee
- Standards Committee
- The Shareholder Board
- East of England LGA Local Government Employers’ Panel
- PSP Southend LLP
- Key Cities
- Opportunity South Essex
- South East European Structural and Investment Fund (ESIF) Sub-committee
- South East Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
- Thames Gateway Housing Group
- Thames Gateway Strategic Group
Ian has lived in Southend since 2001 and was first elected to the council in May 2008. He holds a degree in Economics & Political Science and a Postgraduate Diploma in Economic Development Policy from the University of Birmingham.
Along with other councillors, Ian regularly attends residents’ and community meetings in the ward and has been involved with a number of public initiatives there including the Better Start Fund cluster panel and the Community First panel.
We want to hear your views, please take our short survey here.