Cllr Ian Gilbert, Victoria Ward
Cllr Ian Gilbert, 132 Central Avenue, Southend-on-Sea SS2 4DZ
Telephone: 07802 429342 / 01702 212878
- Leader of the Council & Chair of The Cabinet
- Executive Councillor for Housing & Communities (Cabinet position)
- Appointments & Disciplinary Committee
- The Shareholder Board (Chair)
- East of England LGA Local Government Employers’ Panel
- East of England Local Government Association
- East of England Strategic Authority Leaders Group
- Essex Leaders and Chief Executives Group
- Local Government Association General Assembly
- PSP Southend LLP
- Key Cities
- Opportunity South Essex
- South East European Structural and Investment Fund (ESIF) Sub-committee
- South East Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
- Southend Association of Voluntary Services (SAVS) Board
- Thames Gateway Housing Group
- Thames Gateway Strategic Group
Ian has lived in Southend since 2001 and was first elected to the council in May 2008. He holds a degree in Economics & Political Science and a Postgraduate Diploma in Economic Development Policy from the University of Birmingham.
Along with other councillors, Ian regularly attends residents’ and community meetings in the ward and has been involved with a number of public initiatives there including the Better Start Fund cluster panel and the Community First panel.
We want to hear your views, please take our short survey here.