Julian Ware-Lane is the Labour Party's candidate for Milton in the 2016 Southend Borough Council Elections.
I am Deputy Leader of the Labour Group & Shadow Councillor for Culture, Tourism & The Economy. I was born in Westcliff-on-Sea. I am defending the seat I won in May 2012. I care about the environment, public services, heritage architecture, deprivation and homelessness, and much more besides.
In my four years as a councillor I have won some victories and I have a record of industry in the ward I represent. I have received media attention for a number of issues that I have campaigned on, and I have held public events, and spoken at others, in support of causes that are dear to me and to many residents of Southend-on-Sea.
- Policy & Resources Scrutiny Committee
- Appointment and Disciplinary Committee
- Licensing Committee
- Audit Committee
- Biodiversity & Environmental Awareness Working Party
- Conservation Working Party
- Grants Strategy Working party
- Public Transport and Buses Working Party
- Traffic and Parking Working Party
- Southend Business & Tourism Partnership
- Essex Fire Authority